Revision

Posted by Unrepentant Escapist

July 21, 2009 -- 3:36 a.m.

Revised almost 70 pages today. Woohoo! I wouldn't have, but my internet connection was down so I didn't have much else to do.

Of course, I didn't cut as much as I should have. I think I'm leaving in a lot of description because I like the long, elegant sentences, even if they are repetitive. Words are teh win!

For Dragonlance fans, the Lost Chronicles are like slipping into a nice, fuzzy bathrobe. It feels wonderful to meet up with old friends and relive the stories and characters of my childhood. Sure, it robs some of the fun out of it because you know Tanis isn't going to die (spoiler alert? Oops). But I still enjoyed it a lot. Nice, light reading, as delicious as your favorite dessert.

Though if you don't have the benefit of Dragonlance-ish nostalgia, they might not be for you. For me, childhood memories are like rosy glasses. They make things look wonderful, even if they really aren't (or are they? With distorted judgment, how can you tell?)

I stumbled across an entry in my livejournal mentioning I'd gotten up to page 77 in my novel. I wonder where those pages went because I started from scratch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment