12 Days of Christmas

Posted by Unrepentant Escapist


December 12, 2009 -- 5:46 p.m.

On the twelve days of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

BRAINS!

(Zombie daily Christmas Cards located here.)

Some fall a little flat, some of them are pretty good.

I'm actually not that big a fan of zombies in general, except for this one horror movie I saw once where zombie veterans came back from their grave to vote anti-war and kill an Ann Coulter lookalike.

But I do like zombie jokes. I'm mystified by their popularity, though.

Speaking of Ann Coulter ripoffs, I'm annoyed that Glenn Beck is not only a Fox commentator but also a spokesman for a commercial gold website. As a journalist, I always think it's bad when someone sells out their integrity. While I'm admittedly not a Beck fan in the first place, I think it's a violation of ethics to try to present yourself as an arbitrator of truth and then trade on that reputation to sell products. And I'm left wondering--why? Given his best-sellerlyness and his steady job, does he really need more money?

In short, if one of my reporters did that, I would be VERY cross with them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment