The future

Posted by Unrepentant Escapist

May 4, 2009 -- 9:54 a.m.

Okay, so I lied about that last post thing. Sue me. Who wants to do useful things? I did research agents into epic fantasy and add a few new agent blogs to my blogroll. Not as useful as writing, maybe, but it does jiggle the soul a little.

Speaking of agents, Nathan Bransford has an interesting blog post about future publishing trends. Of note is the new instant POD book vending machine that's debuting in England. Books while you wait!

Then he links to a New York Times article that looks at a whole new facet of the Kindle: literary snobbery.
In other words, who is going to try and impress everyone on the subway by reading ULYSSES when no one can see what they're reading? It's the end of literature as we know it, people.
Woohoo! I can stop being embarrassed about carrying around my trashy vampire romances with no plot. Everybody's got to have an addiction.

Full snobbery article is here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment