Strong vs. weak verbs

Posted by Unrepentant Escapist

May 21, 2009 -- 12:47 a.m.

Are strong verbs dying? I didn't know what they were until I read the post, but I'll be sad to see them go.

Saw Pirates of the Caribbean II for the second time. It helped that this time around, I could understand them through the muddled diction (why is it that movies these days seem to value ambient sound over actually HEARING the dialogue? I rarely go to movies anymore because I get lost in the mumbling. Albeit, mumbling from some very nice eye candy). Still wasn't my cup of tea--too much suspension of disbelief necessary. Round cages? Three way sword fights where NO ONE gets injured?

And Keira Knightly totally looks like she's about to eat Johnny Depp, not kiss him, which I found a little creepy.

Then again, Captain Jack Sparrow with ANY woman is a little creepy. Please, Jack, come out of the closet! I'll still love you. Especially if you and Jude Law...

Ooh, I ought to save some of that imagination for my novel. One can only hope for the pictures to turn up on the internet. Sigh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment