DONE!!!

Posted by Unrepentant Escapist

May 29, 2009 -- 5:25 p.m.

Feeling better. A boy brought me roses when I was sick and had to cancel a date. He gets extra points for them being yellow. Peace roses are my favorite, but yellow roses are the second. I'll post my impressions from CONduit tonight.

"Neither of them noticed when the heart the Azerii had carefully laid aside for later disposal gave one last feeble beat and died."

And with that cryptic line (cryptic since no one but me knows what an Azerii is or why they'd be interested in beating hearts until you read my story) draft one of Godsplay is FINISHED.

Total estimated words: 121,500 words. Or 486 pages of double-spaced 12 point courier,.

I'm not letting anyone read it now because the story makes absolutely no sense and the plot did a sidewinder turn in the middle. But in a month or two, I'll be calling for volunteers to help me go through the whole novel, revised beginning to revised end.

I should feel more relief than I actually feel. I think the real relief will come when I'm satisfied with the re-edit of the final confrontation of the book. It needs to be more spectacular.

Maybe I'll be satisfied when I'm signed for a three book deal. Look out world, because the first chapter/prologue of God's Pawn is already done!

2 comments:

  1. Luisa Perkins said...

    You're amazing! Wow!

  2. Lee Ann Setzer said...

    What's a peace rose? Keep an eye on that boy...he appears to have a clue or two to rub together.

    Congratulations (again) on finishing! (even with caveats, it's still an awesome accomplishment)

Post a Comment