Plug

Posted by Unrepentant Escapist



October 6, 2009 -- 12:30 a.m.

I'm putting a plug out for John Brown's book, coming out next week from Tor. I met him at a couple of writer's workshop and he had some really useful things to say. In fact, I credit one of his classes with helping me figure out the ending to my book. Without him...well, who knows?

Anyway, we had a fun brainstorming session where we took an item/trope/setting/etc. and thought about all the things associated with it. And then, we came up with those things opposites. In this case, we picked Pirates. Our pirates turned out to be 12-year-old girls on a living monster ship who were very clean, very nice and weren't looking for treasure but the way to help their monster ship home.

Anyway, he's a writers of the future winner, and how can you go wrong with the title "Servant of a Dark God?"

The first few chapters are up on his website for pdf download. I haven't read them yet, but I'll probably get to them tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Luisa Perkins said...

    Your endorsement cinches my budding fanhood.

  2. Lee Ann Setzer said...

    I went to one of his workshops at LTUE (maybe we were in the same one? Maybe not--I'd remember the monster ship). "Follow your zing" were the words to live by that I took home from that workshop.

Post a Comment