Word Count, Twilight

Posted by Unrepentant Escapist

October 28, 2009 -- 7:57 p.m.

Ah, the rosy daze of finishing the book begins to fade. but I woke up happy. I was thinking about the complexities of the Wheel of Time world and noticing both the Seachan and the Aiel use handtalk (at least among the Maidens). I wonder whether there was some hand language in the Age of Legends? If what's come down is a corrupted form, or if both cultures developed it simultaneously?

In the meantime, I've finally gotten around to reading Twilight. So far...I don't hate it. I don't like it either, but I don't hate it. Hate requires you to have passion, mostly I'm apathetic. I mildly liked it up until the appearance of Edward, but Edward is just so...dull. And so obviously meant to be "Dreamy" that I find myself opposed to him on general principle. And there's no stakes. I don't really care whether Bella gets Edward in the end. I am jealous of Bella's her boys, however. Where were all these guys when I was new in town? The only guy who talked to me on my first day of High School in a brand new city told me he was a mafia hit man and later got kicked out for having a threat list.

Anyway, Bella's no Sookie Stackhouse. That's all I'm saying.

Here's today's wordcount on Chapter One. My obsession with eyes continues.

Rachell 51, Bearatia 20, said 13, Mel 11, dark 9, eyes 9, "I 8, Elv 8, mud 8, Ravke 8, around 8, thought 7, smell 7, hair 7, Rachell's 7, face 7, trees 6, felt 6, fingers 6, Mel's 6, over 6, made 6, see 6, don't 6, Elvs 6, skin 5, behind 5, want 5, down 5, hand 5, through 5, snapped 5, feel 5, still 4, shrugged 4, matter 4, race 4, told 4, last 4, shoulders 4, father" 4, though 4, black 4, seemed 4, ears 4, blue 4. "but 4, "what 4, twilight 4 (really?), away 4, king 4, under 4, take 4, "you 4, hands 4, Lomari 4, just 4, smiled 4, human 4, teeth 4, back 4, "the 4, two 4, head 4, did 4, people 3, good 3, blood 3, think 3, rich 3, curled 3, blink 3, "my 3, inside 3, old 3, looked 3, falcon 3, something 3, soft 3, tongue 3, mad 3, because 3, lip 3, caught 3, asked 3, you're 3, skirt 3, roots 3, air 3, tangled 3, grandfather 3, moment 3, being 3, every 3, cheek 3, cold 3, sound 3, across 3, Amor 3, long 3, Weeper 3, night 3, time 3, grandfather's 3, "this 3, second 3 (huh, I didn't know I liked that word), words 3, father 3, didn't 3, I'm 3, one 3, bush 3, look 3, thin 3, fluttered 2, rain 2, knew 2, cool 2, Esculiar 2, top 2, dress 2, traced 2, breath 2, fresh 2, come 2, least 2, "if 2, thorn 2, sun 2. tall 2, Aehl-Darenn 2, stuck 2, dripped 2, flash 2, died 2, tickled 2 (odd juxtaposition), hit 2, swamp" 2, burning 2, glistened 2, cat 2, raised 2, grace 2, smelled 2, "stop 2, need 2, tooth 2, else 2, hiding 2, heir 2, forced 2, brush 2, Elvs' 2, girl 2, flinched 2, fresh" 2, mind 2, doing 2, know 2, emperor 2, boy 2, hours 2, weepers 2, dangling 2, sounded 2, worthy 2, except 2, healing" 2, we've 2, wanted 2, that's 2, moss 2, dreams 2, hungry 2, shoulder 2, feet 2, strange 2, knees 2, distaste 2, frantically 2, never 2, lips 2, ground 2, man 2, beneath 2, pushed 2, withered 2, soil 2, doesn't 2, dreamed 2, wouldn't 2, family 2, hard 2, managed 2, wasn't 2, how 2, say 2, maybe 2.

Looks like a fairly balanced set of words.

2 comments:

  1. Lee Ann Setzer said...

    Is the word counter a Word feature, or did you find it somewhere else? I have my suspicions about "eyebrow" and "suddenly" in my own writing, but it would be nice to know.

    My two teenage boys read _Twilight_ because they wanted to make fun of it on Facebook. They didn't love it, but "don't hate it" was about their take on it, too.

  2. Unrepentant Escapist said...

    It's online. You have to copy and paste text here: http://www.wordcounter.com/

Post a Comment