News and Literature

Posted by Unrepentant Escapist

November 24, 2009 -- 12:42 p.m.

Car's back. They fixed a couple of things, we'll see if it did any good. I suspect I'll still have to replace the battery. Boo.

Quarterly sales figures are down at Barnes and Noble and Borders, with B&N sales falling 2 percent and Borders falling a whopping 12 percent. So put on your Doom and Gloom hats.

Actually B&N sales fell less this quarter than they have in the past six quarters, so maybe that's a good sign.

The news sent B&N stock plummeting 6.5%. I've wanted some B&N stock for awhile, so maybe I'd better go race and tell my stock broker :).

While I'm doing that, why don't you read an interesting article from 2006 by Scott R. Bakker defending fantasy and criticizing 'elite literature.' As well as strict literalist religion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment